By supporting the CJO, Chicago’s premier jazz orchestra, you are helping us fulfill our mission of performing and preserving one of America’s only indigenous art forms – big band jazz. Your tax-deductible gift in support of the Chicago Jazz Orchestra goes to support our initiatives in concert programming, educational outreach, unique transcriptions and arrangements, and general operational support. Your gift in support of the CJO helps keep big band jazz alive and well in Chicago as we look to highlight this music of the past and carry the torch for future. Thank you!
Examples of initiatives your donations go to support:
- CJO produced concert performances in some of Chicago’s most revered venues, including: The Harris Theater, The Feinberg Theater at the Spertus Institute, Park West, Andy’s Jazz Club, and many more.
- The CJO’s educational residency at the Merit School of Music. Masterclasses and guest performances are a key component of this work that your donations can support.
- New transcriptions and arrangements for various performances and recordings.
- Chicago Jazz Orchestra recording projects.
- The CJO’s scholarship program. This program awards two scholarships to graduating high school seniors exhibiting great potential in future jazz studies.
How you can support the CJO:
The Chicago Jazz Orchestra offers two immediate ways to give:
The first is to click here to make an online donation with a credit card or debit card via our secure online forms. Information provided through the secured online giving site is considered confidential and is restricted for Chicago Jazz Orchestra use only. The Chicago Jazz Orchestra accepts MasterCard, Visa, Discover or American Express.
Give via Mail
The second way to make a gift to the Chicago Jazz Orchestra is to mail your gift in the form of cash or check, made out to Chicago Jazz Orchestra, to the following address:
Chicago Jazz Orchestra
P.O. Box 59457
Chicago, IL 60659-0496
If you wish to donate to a specific fund, please include a message along with your donation denoting to which fund you choose to donate.